Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Don't judge a girl by her fashion

OK, I have a lot of loves in my life.  Of course the things that top the list are my husband, kids and family.  And then of course there is a love for fashion and for my "real" work, social work. 
I have worked in the social services/behavioral health field now for 6 years.  I love helping people better their lives in anyway possible.  I have come across all walks of life, with open mindedness and wanting to help where I can....I can honestly say that I haven't always had the same reception from those I have helped, which is fine and too be expected.  But when it comes to the world of fashion and image, others are not so forgiving, and some can be really mean and nasty.

Everyone has there own style and likes.  That is what makes us unique individuals.  And I am sure there are some people that have read this that don't like my style, and I am fine with that.  I am not saying that my style is the best style, but I love fashion-of all kinds, and my real reason for  this blog was the bargains I find and to mix the two. As I said, I do read alot of  magazines and get some inspiration from that of which I see on TV and in magazines.  But I try not to let the media blind me either because of the outrageous prices of some things I see advertised.

Most of the things I own are usually bargain finds.  I am not going to lie and say that I haven't ever spent full price on something or have bought something i felt was outrageous.  The one thing I can think of that comes to my mind is a coach purse.  I love coach.  Many people do, but $300 for a purse is alot of money.  However, I do own a couple.  One my wonderful husband bought for me one year and the other two I bought at a coach outlet (2 for less than one).  I treated myself, AND THAT'S OK.  I work hard for my money.  The money I earn is the time i spend away from my kids.  I don't have the advantage at this point in my life to be a stay at home mom.  Many days I wish I could, but I remind myself that the work I am doing is good also (not to mention the adult interaction some days lol).  But to be judged for it is another.  Because I carry a coach purse from time to time is not to flaunt that I have money-hello, I am in social work!  I like the style of many coach purses and there good, sturdy purses that last a long time.  

 I have been judged by many people for some of the things i wear or own, and it irks me.  I am me, what I wear and own helps say something about me but it doesn't define who I am.  I am a caring mother, wife and friend.  I am a hard worker and passionate about what I do.  I don't take things for granted and I live my life the way I think it should be lived, and I try not to let others get the best of me.  Don't get me wrong, I have my days and those that know me well can speak to that.  But I wish to live to see a world where there is no judgement on others and people can be themselves without being put down about it.

So next time you see someone and look at what they are wearing or how they present themselves, think before you judge...you don't know who the person is underneath the clothes.
                 Moon collection navy floral skirt (Boston Store) reg $59 sale $43.99 yellow dot $21.99

This is me, and if you don't like it, look away..................

No comments:

Post a Comment