Monday, February 27, 2012

Spicing up those old pieces in your closet

Many fashion experts say that you should get rid of any items you haven't worn it in the past 6 months to a year.  I, unfortunately, like to keep things in my closet (or in a plastic tub packed away) for a long time.  Something I have fought continuously about with my husband.  The number one thing I can think of like this were my bib overalls from high school.  I LOVED them.  I could live in them back then, and I thought they were cute.  I prayed that they would make a come back someday, but couldn't hold out forever so tossed them on to Goodwill.  Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled when I saw a pair at Target this summer.  I was super excited and of course bought a pair.  They were nothing like my Silver jean bibs from 1999 lol, but they were cute and for $24.99, they looked cute with a tank and a cowboy hat at the Dierks Bentley concert last summer:)



Later in the summer I found another pair that were super adoarble as well, and this time they were 75% off:)  They made me look a little like a train conductor, but super cute with a pair of tan boat shoes made a fun outfit for a day at the lake.


                                                 Striped Bibs $24.99- Target 75% off...$6.24  

Ok, out of my dream world of bibs really making a comeback and back to taking some of those old pieces and adding some fun accessories to spice it up.  Things as simple as scrafs and boots can make an old dress into a fun new piece.  Other things are jewelry and of course handbags. 
This dress I have had for about a year (clearance at Kohls for about $8.00)  I had never worn it and was waiting to find the right accessories to spice it up.  And lucky for me, i found some.
 
Merona Oblong sparkle scarf Target regular $14.99 clearance $4.48
Old Navy Black Sequin Boots regular $40 clearance 11.97

Two very cute upgrades to an outfit that went from drab to fab!  And these 2 pieces can be utilized for many other upgrades to other older pieces in your closet.  Look for these kind of staples to pull an older piece of clothing together into a new outfit, and you will pay half the price for what feels like a brand new outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment