Thursday, March 15, 2012

Consignment Shopping

Everyone has their own opinion on buying used clothing.  You either love it or you hate it.  Some people can't stand the thought of putting on something someone else has worn over and over again.  Me, I feel that if its in good enough condition, that's what laundry soap is for! 

Some of the best purchase i have made have been through consignment-especially for my girls.  Here in Plymouth, we have a cute little consignment shop called "Sharing R Kids Closets".  Its a cute little shop downtown that has gently used children's clothing and accessories. Before this store was there, there was a similar store with like items.  I bought a Arms Reach Co sleeper bassinet there when I was pregnant with my oldest Savanah.  Those run brand new around $160 and i got mine, gently used for $65.  It still to this day is my favorite purchase i have ever made for my kids.  It put me at ease as it is meant to be a safer way to have your baby close to you but not in bed with you...for those of you that know me personally, you know how much I worry so waking up and being able to see my babies right by me was comforting. Savanah slept in it until she was about 6 months and Britta slept in it until she was nearly 9 months and my nephew used it until he was about 6 months.  BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT!!  So , it was used by 3 babies in my family alone, and is still in wonderful condition!  It paid for itself. 

                                           Savanah in the Co-Sleeper

                                                 Britta in the co sleeper

There is also a great consignment sale held twice a year by 'Just Between Friends'.  I have attended the Milwaukee sale at the state fair grounds multiple times and found amazing clothing, toys and even a breast pump for only $25!  I know what you are thinking...that's disgusting to share a breast pump, but it was only the machine I paid for because when I was in the hospital, they gave me all new equipment and tubing for the machine.  Some items at this event still have price tags on them!  I bought Savanah a brand new Gymboree Winter Coat (tags on) for $20.  It was originally $60.

I also got this Hanna Anderson Snowsuit for $15 when they run up to $100.



And of course they will all get used again since god blessed me with 2 little girls:)

There spring sale is coming up...check it out if your in or around Milwaukee
Or check out their website as they have sales all over the U.S.! 

They also have one coming up 3/29/12-3/31/12 at The Washington County Fair Park.  I will definitely be checking it out!  And of course if you have items you want to get rid of, contact them as you can make money too rather than spend it:)

I also love going to consignment shops for myself.  In fact, today I just had an appointment to get rid of somethings i no longer wear anymore and make a little cash myself at Sheboygan's "Nikki's Next 2 New."  Hopefully my things will be successful in selling and I can use the money i make, to find something cute for myself:) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment