Sunday, March 25, 2012

The latest out of the magazines


I still look through a lot of these magazines to see what they have and whats in style.  But most of the time I never take what I find and go out and buy the exact item.  I take the ideas I find and go out and find it cheaper:)
The Oprah Magazine Feb 2012 issue, great buys under $100 page 80-cheapest thing on there was a color blocked tote for $45 from the gap…could get an entire outfit for that.
Allure Feb 2012 Fashion Bulletin page 58.  Cheapest item listed is a pair of Studio Pollini leather and cork wedge sandals for $495 that’s almost a month of child care for my 3 y/o! Then page 60 Fashion Cravings LUST vs MUST.  There is a ‘love’ necklace just like the one I had posted in my post about JC PENNY’S that I found for $9.97(this necklace is posted in a previous post).  Even though its gold in the article, it looks identical to the sterling silver one I have but their must is $130 and their lust is $650…They also had a $40 gap bra Bra.  I get it that you need to have undergarments that are comfortable and supportive, and I am not saying that I haven’t ever bought an expensive Bra.  But recently when I went to Burlington Coat Factory, I found 3 bra’s(one was an I Zod) for under $20.  The original price of those bras at a department store would have totaled $65.

People Style Watch Feb 2012-page 40 Guilt Free Shopping article- they actually-do have a $25 skirt from JCpennys but the majority of things are still too pricey…..especially the $98 necklace from j crew (that would not make me feel guilt free, especially when I can find something similar in style and color at a department store or TJ Maxx.
They also have a “Everything under $100” article on page 46 and some items are reasonable, but others you can wait to go on clearance or find something similar for less.  “The look for less” article on page 50 makes me laugh.  They compare celebrities-who have money coming out of their ears-wearing an outfit and then have a display of a similar outfit find for less.  Even though Olivia Palermo’s skirt alone is $400, they found the total outfit she was wearing for $288.75.  For $288.75 I better find an entire outfit for every member of my family.  That would be close to $73 per person in my family, which could EASILY be done, for much less than that!  “Get Simply Sexy Style” has a vibrant green BCBG Max Azria dress for $178.  I found a similar dress in style and color at old navy for $5.98 on clearance (I will post a pic soon of this-it’s super cute and a great find!)

The bottom line is again that many of these magazines are un-realistic for the everyday person.  These magazines are a great place to pull different style ideas from, but take those ideas to the department stores or TJ or Marshall.  I guarantee you can find something similar in style for much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment